Is there any person who does not want to have lustrous, thick and healthy hair! However, flaunting such hair is a dream that is cherished by many but few can achieve. Instead of using OTC hair care products that are often laced with chemicals and compounds with potential toxins, it is better if you use herbal and natural products.
Even then, there are plenty of options to pick from. Not many people are aware of it but using hemp oil can be beneficial for hair health, in more than one way.
Basics Of Hemp Oil
Hemp oil is basically the oil made from seeds of the hemp plant. It is called hemp seed oil but it is not akin to CBD oil and THC oil. Hemp oil is mostly used as a food garnish, rather than any medicine or recreational drug. It is closer to Olive oil, Coconut oil, and Vegetable oil. Hemp oil is made by “pressing” hemp seeds.
Can Using Hemp Oil For Hair Make You Intoxicated?
The fact is that using hemp oil for hair will not make you high. It is low in THC – the substance that helps you get high. Cannabis oil makes you high as it may contain a good amount of THC.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Hemp Oil For Hair?
Listed below are the main benefits of using hemp oil for hair and scalp:
- Stimulation In Hair Growth – If you have been thinking of growing long and thick hair, using hemp oil can be quite useful. It contains essential fatty acids like Omega 3 and these help in hair growth. The natural oils present in hemp oil aid in the production of keratin. So, if you are tired of using other hair growth solutions, give hemp oil a try!
- Strengthens Hair – The same proteins and fatty acids that help in growing hair also aids in strengthening hair roots. Another compound called GLA and it helps make hair roots stronger.
- Hair Moisturizer – Hemp oil has lipids that make hair well hydrated. This, in turn, makes hair soft and manageable. It is especially suitable for dry and dull hair.
- Volume Of Hair – When you use hemp oil, the hair gets bounce and volume.
- Freedom From Dandruff – If you are coping with recurrent dandruff and flaky scalp issues, using hemp oil can be beneficial. It also helps in hydrating scalp so flaky scalp does not form easily.
The Right Ways To Apply Hemp Oil To Hair
There are so many ways to acquire and use hemp oil on hair. These are:
- Buy Hemp Oil Hair Shampoo And Conditioner – This is the easiest thing to do when you want to obtain the goodness of hemp oil. You can find some such products which also pack in hair nourishing ingredients like coconut oil and shea butter.
- Make a DIY Hemp Oil Hair Mask – This hair mask can be made at home without much hassles. You will need to mix ingredients like hemp oil, ripe banana, aloe vera gel, honey, and egg. Blend them well and apply the mask on hair. Put it on for some time and then wash hair in water well. Do not use any shampoo for washing though.
- Add Hemp Oil To Hair Color – The chemicals in hair color can make hair dry. To prevent this, mix hemp oil in hair dye prior to application.
- Apply On Hair Overnight – You can massage clean hair with hemp oil and then sleep with it. You can put a towel on pillows to evade staining. Wash with a mild shampoo after waking up in the morning.